October 9, 2019

365 Days of the Great Names of God, Day 313: God of All Comfort


God of All Comfort


"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." (2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV)

I love the "allness" of God.

Whatever He is, He is all of it.

All loving.

All wise.

All powerful.

And all-comforting. He comforts all, and He comforts in all.

His comfort is also beautifully "all" in its cyclical nature, as laid out for us in 2 Corinthians 1.

God is the God of "all" comfort. He comforts us in "all" our troubles. We comfort others in "any" troubles they have with the comfort we already received from the God of "all" comfort, who comforted us in "all" our troubles.

May we get caught in this cycle, and may we never get out of it.

1 comment:

  1. Every day is insightful and thoughtful, Elizabeth. Your house is clean enough. Someone said, "if your house is really clean, you are not reading nearly enough!".

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to tell me what you really think. Years ago, I explained to my then-two-year-old that my appointment with a counselor was "sort of like going to a doctor who will help me be a better mommy." Without blinking, she replied, "You'd better go every day." All of which is just to say I've spent some time in the school of brutal honesty!