December 15, 2018

365 Days of the Great Names of God, Day 15: Rock

Rock

"Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal." (Isaiah 26:4 NIV)

Hello, dear Names of God friends. (As an aside, I've taken to referring to this series as "NOG" and to you as my "noggins.") I wanted to take a moment as we begin Week 2 of our journey to do two things: first, to thank you for being my traveling companions. I am so honored and grateful to have your encouragement and insights along the NOG way. 

Secondly, I wanted to check in and ask how you're doing incorporating God's names into your prayers and praises...and into, well, life. As I mentioned early on, I try to put my mind on God using His name as soon as I wake up in the morning, because if I don't, it (my mind) goes every other place it doesn't need to go at 5 a.m. (or, ever).

I usually start by telling God who He is, using that day's name...for instance, "You are the Rock." Then I try to tell Him what or how He is, again using that day's name as a starting point. The telling is for me, of course—to reorient myself and remind myself and to "reset my presets."

So for today, what God the Rock is might look something like this:

You are strong.
You are secure.
You are solid.
You are steady.
You are lasting.

What would you add to this list? I'd love to know. And thank you again, my greatly cherished noggins, for being here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to tell me what you really think. Years ago, I explained to my then-two-year-old that my appointment with a counselor was "sort of like going to a doctor who will help me be a better mommy." Without blinking, she replied, "You'd better go every day." All of which is just to say I've spent some time in the school of brutal honesty!