December 20, 2018

365 Days of the Great Names of God, Day 20: Fortress


Fortress

"The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress." (Psalm 46:11 NIV)

Oh, how I love the way this name of God highlights His power and might and strength and steadfastness.

Too, this depiction of God makes me think that our mighty Fortress not only protects us from; He also preserves us for.

He protects us from harm and preserves us for good. The good He wants to give to us. The good He wants to do through us.

What is the Fortress protecting you from today, my friends? What is He protecting you for?

While you ponder that, I'll leave you with a link to some "background music"—quite simply, the most powerful, gorgeous setting of Psalm 46 I've ever heard. (If you're pressed for time, you could just skip to the 2:45 mark.)


All glory to His name. Forever and ever and ever. Amen, amen, HALLELUJAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to tell me what you really think. Years ago, I explained to my then-two-year-old that my appointment with a counselor was "sort of like going to a doctor who will help me be a better mommy." Without blinking, she replied, "You'd better go every day." All of which is just to say I've spent some time in the school of brutal honesty!