September 5, 2019

365 Days of the Great Names of God, Day 279: Faithful Witness


Faithful Witness

"Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen." (Revelation 1:4-6 NIV)

The defense attorney is looking for his star witness.

He is trying to prove the truth of who God is. He has brought in a consultant to help him find this witness.

"I need someone who knows the entire story from beginning to end," the attorney tells the consultant.

"You need the Alpha and Omega," the consultant says.

"Yes," the attorney answers. "And I need someone who has special favor with God."

"You need the Beloved," the consultant says.


"Yes," the attorney answers. "And I need someone who has full, unrestricted access to the Ancient of Days."

"You need the Great High Priest," the consultant says.

"Yes," the attorney answers. "And I need someone who can relate to the people...someone who has walked among them and knows how they think and feel and what they need and want."

"You need Emmanuel," the consultant says.


"Yes," the attorney says. "And I need an expert witness, not just a layperson."

"You need the Master," the consultant says.

"Yes," the attorney answers. "And I need someone well-acquainted with the law...someone who knows the whole of it."

"You need the Lawgiver," the consultant says.

"Yes," the attorney says. "And I need someone who will testify to the truth without compromise."

"You need the Faithful Witness," the consultant says.

"Yes," the attorney answers. "And I need someone who will stay steady under cross-examination."

"You need the Rock," the consultant says.

"Yes," the attorney answers. "And I need someone unimpeachable...someone without a single black mark on his record to discredit him."

"You need the Holy One," the consultant says.

"Yes!" the attorney answers. "This is exactly the kind of witness I need. Do you know someone like this?" he asks.

"Yes," the consultant says. "I AM."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to tell me what you really think. Years ago, I explained to my then-two-year-old that my appointment with a counselor was "sort of like going to a doctor who will help me be a better mommy." Without blinking, she replied, "You'd better go every day." All of which is just to say I've spent some time in the school of brutal honesty!