May 4, 2019

365 Days of the Great Names of God, Day 155: His Name Saves


His Names Saves

"Then everyone who calls on the name of Yahweh will be saved." (Joel 2:32 CSB)

The name of God is a name that saves.


Sweet friends, this is everything, because we need saving.

One of the ways God's name does its saving work is by saving us from ourselves. And one of the ways it does that is by saving us from our natural, default thoughts. 

I've shared before that a counselor friend of mine says we cannot just tell ourselves to stop thinking something; we have to replace the track in our minds with something better. God's name is that something better. 

Personally, I usually need a way to call God's names to mind when I'm trying to rewire my mental repeat-loop, and I've found that going through the alphabet is a good tool to use toward that end.

From Abba to Zion's King, His is a name that saves.


*   *   *   *  *   *   *
Printable of today's graphic: https://sites.google.com/site/guiltychocoholicmama/his-name-saves?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

Scripture reference for "X": "But the Lord removed sleep from the king that night: and he told his servant to bring in the books, the registers of daily events, to read to him." Esther 6:1 (LXX) (https://www.biblestudytools.com/esther/6-1-compare.html)


Pin: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/333829391129801056/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to tell me what you really think. Years ago, I explained to my then-two-year-old that my appointment with a counselor was "sort of like going to a doctor who will help me be a better mommy." Without blinking, she replied, "You'd better go every day." All of which is just to say I've spent some time in the school of brutal honesty!