May 20, 2019

365 Days of the Great Names of God, Day 171: He Is Worthy Of His Name


He Is Worthy Of His Name

"Great is the LORD, and most worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain. Like your name, O God, your praise reaches to the ends of the earth." (Psalm 48:1,10a NIV)


I've been waiting a long time to share with you what I'm calling the "theme song" for our final week of this Names of God side trip.

"Worthy Of Your Name," by Passion (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcedMbopknM) was kindly shared with me many months ago by one of my dear "noggin" friends, and I've been holding it in reserve for just the right day ever since.

I was thinking about how sometimes a company will say it has been working to develop a new product "worthy" of the name of that company, which is to say that it represents who the company is and what it stands for.

God's "products" are unquestionably worthy of His name.

His creation is worthy of the Creator.
His redemption is worthy of the Redeemer.
His salvation is worthy of the Savior.

Of course, God is worthy of all His names, because He is worthy—period.

How can we, as believers, be worthy of His name? How can we be "products" worthy of our Maker? 

How can I be a servant worthy of my Master?
How can I be a singer worthy of my Song?
How can I be a bride worthy of my Bridegroom?

Oh, God, You are worthy of Your name. Help me to make it known.

"You are worthy of Your Name, 
Yes You are worthy. 
You are worthy of Your Name,
Yes You are worthy."

(From "Worthy Of Your Name;" Passion; songwriters Brenton Brown, Sean Curran, Brett Younker; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcedMbopknM.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to tell me what you really think. Years ago, I explained to my then-two-year-old that my appointment with a counselor was "sort of like going to a doctor who will help me be a better mommy." Without blinking, she replied, "You'd better go every day." All of which is just to say I've spent some time in the school of brutal honesty!