December 10, 2019

Maybe I Do Know Where the Time Went


On my first baby's birthday last month, I thought (and not for the first time), "I don't know where the time went." But then I realized I did have some idea where it went. It went to a hundred moments starting with the moment she was born and continuing up to the moment I put a blaze of candles on her birthday cake. It's still going to new moments.

"Where did the time go?" My deepest gratitude to CollegiateParent for sharing this collection of a few of the answers I came up with to that question I think every parent asks over and over again...


CollegiateParent

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to tell me what you really think. Years ago, I explained to my then-two-year-old that my appointment with a counselor was "sort of like going to a doctor who will help me be a better mommy." Without blinking, she replied, "You'd better go every day." All of which is just to say I've spent some time in the school of brutal honesty!