April 21, 2019

365 Days of the Great Names of God, Day 142: The Resurrection


The Resurrection

"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.'" (John 11:25 NIV)

Hallelujah, He is risen.

He is risen indeed.

"What sets the Christian faith apart from all other beliefs and religious systems really comes down to this: if you visit the tombs of any of the religious leaders in history, you will find them occupied. But if you visit the tomb of Jesus Christ, you will find it empty, because He is alive. We serve a living Savior. Jesus Christ was not a man who became God; He was God who became a man" (Greg Laurie).

Hallelujah, He is risen!
He is risen indeed.

"In the resurrection of Jesus, God rejected our rejection. In the crucifixion we said no to God, but in the resurrection God said yes to us" (Philip Gulley, "Home to Harmony).

Hallelujah, He is risen!
He is risen indeed!

"The head that once was crowned with thorns
Is crowned with glory now.
The Savior knelt to wash our feet,
Now at His feet we bow.
The One who wore our sin and shame,
Now robed in majesty.
The radiance of perfect love
Now shines for all to see.

Your name, Your name
Is victory.
All praise, will rise

To Christ, our king.

By Your spirit I will rise
From the ashes of defeat.
The resurrected King, is resurrecting me.
In Your name I come alive
To declare Your victory.
The resurrected king, is resurrecting me."


(From "Resurrecting;" Elevation Worship; songwriters Christopher Brown, Wade Joye, Steven Furtick, Matthews Thabo Ntele , Mack Brock; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHGFNUlEZ8M.)

HALLELUJAH! HE IS RISEN!
HE IS RISEN INDEED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to tell me what you really think. Years ago, I explained to my then-two-year-old that my appointment with a counselor was "sort of like going to a doctor who will help me be a better mommy." Without blinking, she replied, "You'd better go every day." All of which is just to say I've spent some time in the school of brutal honesty!