January 19, 2019

365 Days of the Great Names of God, Day 50: Finder of Lost Things


Finder of Lost Things


"Suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.'" (Luke 15:8,9 NIV)

God is the Finder of lost things. More to the point, He is the Finder of lost people. 


It is not as if He does not know where they are. He is omniscient and omnipresent and knows all and sees all. When He comes looking for us, it is to make us aware of our own lostness.

God has such a furious longing for deep personal relationship with each one of us that He pursues us over and over again and comes to us where we are and calls us to look for Him and to find Him. 

If you're feeling lost today, how I pray you know that the Finder of lost things is looking for you! Whomever He has already found, He will never be satisfied as long as you are still missing. When He finds you, it is as if He is the housewife who has just found her lost coin. And oh, the rejoicing.
"In my suffering and
In my weakness and
When from You I ran,
You find me.
In the dark of sin,
When I'm there again,
You find me, You find me.

Over and over again, Your love and Your mercy begin.
No matter how far, You find me where I am.
Over and over again,
You are faithful to the end.
No matter how far, You find me where I am.
Over again."

"Over & Over Again," by I Am They; above lyrics at 3:00 mark;

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to tell me what you really think. Years ago, I explained to my then-two-year-old that my appointment with a counselor was "sort of like going to a doctor who will help me be a better mommy." Without blinking, she replied, "You'd better go every day." All of which is just to say I've spent some time in the school of brutal honesty!