January 16, 2019

365 Days of the Great Names of God, Day 47: Singer


Singer

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17 NIV)

Music has been part of my life for my whole life. In my earliest memories, I'm sitting on our front porch in a little wooden rocking chair that belonged to my great-grandmother, singing to the neighborhood. (The neighbors were probably glad when we moved.)

I sang to my husband at our wedding and to my babies in the deepest hours of their newborn nights.

I picture God as our heavenly parent, singing to us, too...singing love and comfort and tenderness and blessing over us while He holds us close to His great heart.

He is a God who sings. He is a God who saves.

"Savior, He can move the mountains.
My God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save."

("Mighty to Save," Hillsong Worship, 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEAcs2B-kNc)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to tell me what you really think. Years ago, I explained to my then-two-year-old that my appointment with a counselor was "sort of like going to a doctor who will help me be a better mommy." Without blinking, she replied, "You'd better go every day." All of which is just to say I've spent some time in the school of brutal honesty!